• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import entire directory from external HD into library

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a directory containing folders and images on my external HD. I want to import the directory as is, with its content and folder structure into my library.

I've searched how to do this and cannot find a ref. I can import the photos but the folders seem to disappear or new folders are constructed by LRC that are labeled with dates (I want original folder names).

I don't want to have to recreate the HD directory structure and then have to onsey-twosy drag and drop images into recontructed folders.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance for tips and help

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Import dialog box, select the parent folder of interest, click on ADD, then click on Import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that. I get the photos from the directory but the folders or any hint of the folders is missing.

As related, I want to avoid having to drag and drop over 500+ images into reconstructed folders in my LRC library. Will take a forever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then you didn't try what I suggested, because that re-creates the sub-folders as they exist on your disk, and no drag and drop needed for anything.

But for what I suggested to work, you need to have a new catalog, or at least a catalog where your previous attempts at import have been removed from the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eureka. You're right.

When I only saw the photos, I just assumed that the directory structure was not imported.

Learn something new every day!

Thanks....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines