• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import From Another Catalog

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regularly work from the field on my laptop using Lightroom. I've created a Lightroom catalog on an external SSD. I then want to Import that Field Catalog to my main computer and desktop Lightroom catalog at home. I understand the process will bring all my Edits, ratings, etc. over to my desktop catalog but what I don't understand is whether it will bring the photos over to my external Drobo/NAS that the desktop catalog is referring to. From what I can figure out, it will not bring those originals over to the hard drive on my desktop. Is there a way other than using the Mac finder to automatically transfer field photographs to my desktop's hard drive via Lightroom?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where you heard that, but using Import from Another Catalog in the file menu imports the photos as well as any edits and metadata changes. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So even if the oringals are on a seperate SSD, from the catalog, the Import from Catlog will take the over to my exteranl NAS device? If so how does it know where the oringals are placed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You choose the destination in Import, which shows up as part of the process. In File Handling you choose 'Copy photos to a New Location and Import', then choose where it goes. It's the old Lightroom 2 import though. 

IFAC.jpg

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like what I'm looking for. Thanks for this info. Greatly apprecaited. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

//

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines