• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import into Subfolder

New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing, the check box "Into Subfolder" is checked and a folder named, but if you don't click the checkbox to uncheck it and then re-check it, it doesn't import into the subfolder even though it looks like it is going to.  This happens to me multiple times a week as I am importing multiple projects everyday.  Inevitablly several hundred photos randomly end up in the root folder during various imports throughout the week.

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 8.09.25 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of LrC and MacOS? In the area below the designated subfolder, you need to have a specific folder selected. In your screen shot, those all look closed.

Here is what I'm talking about.

Subfolders and folders LrC import.jpg

I just conducted this procedure, twice on my 2021 MBP M1 Max Max, LrC 11.3.1. I did not have your issue in the initial and subsequent second import all the images went into the designated folder.

PS - The screen grab is from my LrC 11.2 on Win 10 just for demonstration purposes. 

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the main folder is clicked... the checkbox is clicked for Subfolder, but randomly puts everything into the root folder. It usually happens when doing multiple imports into different subfolders.  With each subsequent import the checkbox shows it's checked and if you just change the subfolder name but don't physically uncheck and re-check the Into Subfolder box, it dumps everything into the root folder selected. Just happened to 3 project I was importing. I was careful on the first import, select my root folder check the subfolder box, tpye new name of subfolder and import.  Imported a 2nd, 3rd and 4th set, renaming the subfolder each time and checkbox still there, but I didn't physically uncheck and re-check the Into subfolder box and those 3 imports all dumped into the root folder instead of the 3 subfolders. Incredibly frustrating, aggravating and a collosal time suck.  I imports thousands of images a day.  I'm always on the latest version of LRC and this has happened on my 2019 imac and my latest M1 MBP. It is absolutely a bug and I have replicated it many times, but it's not every time.  The bug is the check box showing on for "Into Subfolder" when it in fact is not on. I now have to go clean up this mess from today. Brutal Adobe... brutal.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 12.3.1 / LRC 11.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BoVerzivolli  All I can suggest is rolling back to LrC V11.2 in the Creative Cloud app. See if that solves the issue for you.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before rolling back, you might try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior like this. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has gone on for several versions... other real estate photographers like me have experienced the same problem for a long time.  There's something to the workflow of multiple different folders being imported on the daily like we do in our profession.  I hope Adobe eventually recognizes it, but clearly I have to be more vigilient to doing the dumb uncheck the already checked box and re-check it to ensure files go where they are supposed to go.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try resetting preferences? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines