• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Issue: Missing External Drive Folder in Photoshop

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using Lightroom Classic 11.4.1 on macOS Big Sur 11.6.7.

I use an external hard drive to store older photos since my laptop's hard drive isn't large enough to store all my photos. 

I had some issues when I was trying to import photos from my external hard drive to my Lightroom master folder (which is on my laptop hard drive). I tried to fix it but did something wrong.  

There's a folder called "02" that's in my external hard drive that I'm trying to have appear in my Lightroom catalog. The folders would remain in my external hard drive vs. my laptop hard drive, but I want them to show up in Lightroom when I have my external hard drive plugged in.

My external hard drive is called "ExtB". As you can see in the attached photo, the folders I've circled in red in Lightroom have the parent folder "01" and a subfolder named "03". But it won't let me import "02" from my external hard drive.   

I've tried the "Import to this Folder" and "Synchronize" options, but the photos in the folder I'm trying to reimport are grayed out and says "This appears to be a duplicate of another photo already in your catalog." Except, I can't find those photos in my Lightroom catalog. 

I know I'm not doing a good job explaining this. Let me know what additional information you need to help me reimport the "02" folder.

Thank you so much!

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 4.10.31 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This particular folder is clearly not in your catalog, but that doesn't mean that the images inside that folder could not be in your catalog already. They will be in a different folder however, because you duplicated them. The best way to find this out is to search for one of the images in Lightroom by filename. Then, if Lightroom does indeed find it, choose 'Photo - Go to folder in Library' to see where it is.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines