Import issue - no thumbnail previews

New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something strange is happened with Lightroom Classic all of a sudden. I can't see thumbail previews of photos in import mode. I haven't changed any settings it just happened.

I've tried updating, restarting, deleting previews file, unchecking 'don't import duplicates', creating a new catalogue but nothing works...any folder I choose in the navigator in 'import mode' no thumbnail previews are created so I can't import photos.

This is only happening in 'import mode' I can see thumbnail previews in 'library mode'

Any ideas what could be the issues?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd love to help you figure this out.

Could you please share the specific version of Lightroom Classic from Help > About Lightroom Classic and the specific version of macOS? Has this started to happen recently since an update of the macOS or Lightroom Classic?

Where are you importing from, a location on the internal storage, or from an external drive? Does this happen with a specific file format, JPEG or RAW?

If you are importing from an external source, you can try to change the connecting USB port or change the cable (if any).

You can also ensure Lightroom Classic has correct and complete permissions on the macOS by following the steps I have shared in this article: :magnifying_glass_tilted_right: Quick Tips: How to give Full Disk Access to Lightroom Classic on mac...

Afterward,

• Search for Disk Utility from Finder's spotlight search or magnifying glass.
  • Run 'First Aid' diagnostic on the external drive. Check this to learn more: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210898
  • Restart the computer.

Let us know if this helps,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Lightroom Classic version 11.3.1. Mac - Big Sur 11.6.5

I've allowed permissions as detailed and restarted computer.

Still the same issue cannot import photos from Mac internal HD...e.g. desktop folders with photos in (no file formats recognised)...no matter which folder I choose on my HD there are no thumbnail previews in 'Import mode'

The issue started in the last week...was working fine last week.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the details.

Have you tried updating the macOS to macOS version 12(Monterey) or later?

Follow the steps mentioned in this article to reset Lightroom Classic's preferences (prefer using method 2): https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Let us know if this works,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines