• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import issues

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Light Classic version 10.4 is giving me an Error message when importing selected photos...."could not copy a file to the destination folder because it is not writable".  Can you please help me with this issue.  It all happened when I did the last update to 10.4.  I cannot seem to find a solution!  Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message means what it says- it cannot write (save) the image file/s to the selected folder.

Check the Import Destination Panel for the Folder you have selected for the 'Copy to' folder.

Check in Windows File Explorer properties that the Folder selected is NOT write protected. (ie. set as "Read Only")

Check your Hard-drive has sufficient space to save the files. (Do you have 20% free space?)

Check in the Import you have not chosen the Destination folder to be the same folder as the originating 'source' folder. LrC will not 'Copy' to the same folder as the source files.

Do not expect the Import process to always be the same settings! - Check everything in all panels of the Import- Source / Files / Destination.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check that you do not have "Make second copy to" enabled with a destination that is offline.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things.

First a bit of how to, as in how to capture a screenshot on a MAC. Photographing your display to post what you see, well that sucks

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

Second a request, do not use the attachment button in the community page, instead use the Insert Photo button, following image out if date, but shows the Insert Photo button

CreateAPost.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now, enough complaining by me and getting back on point

1. Please post a screenshot of your Import screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines