Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import of photos til LrC v. 12.01

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I am trying to import photos to LrC from a portable HD.

LrC can see the HD, but it does not detect any photos. I get the message: No photos found. 

I am on the latest version of LrC v 12.01.  

I am on macOS 13.0 on an iMac 27" (2020).

I would appreciate any help.  

Many thanks :-).

Best regards
Knut,
Copenhagen, 7/11/22

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the article at the link below for known issues with macOS 13.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-macos-ventura-compatibility/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks.

What puzzles me is that I have got four 4TB mobile disks connected. Two of them work fine, but two  have the problem mentioned above.  I have checked the set up on all four, and it seems to be similar on all.

I should mention that the two that do not work, is also used as backups. Could that be an issue?

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic doesn't know that you think the two drives are used for backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the two backup drives are used by Mac Time Machine, they are likely formatted differently and have different permissions than the other two drives (Time Machine does that).  So it could be related to your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might indeed be the answer. Many thanks. They were used as backups not for my newly bought iMac, but for a different one. I work around the issue by copying all photos from one hd to another :-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, make sure you've granted LR Full Disk Access permissions (not Files and Folders):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks. I will look into that. It would save me many hours if I don't have to copy from one disk to another. Very helpful :-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Waah, I am grateful. It worked :-).  Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines