• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Old Catalog on Hard Drive to Newly Downloaded LrC

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Friends.  I let my LR subscription lapse for a year, but just reupped.  My previous LR photos are on an external hard drive, organized by what used to be my catalog headers.  For example, "travel,," then within travel "montreal," "San Diego," etc.  How do I recreate the catalog structure in the newly downloaded LRC?

Also, while I'm asking the question, how do I do it in LR Cloud?  Many thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

Please see this knowledge base article from Adobe for the steps to import images into Lightroom Classic: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/import-photos-video-catalog.html

This is the kb article for Lightroom Cloud: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/add-photos.html

Hope this is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have the catalog from before the subscription lapsed (which you should have) then just open this catalog in Lightroom Classic, and all your organization will still be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open your old catalog in Lightroom Classic, you'll probably get a dialog asking you to upgrade it. Just let Lightroom Classic upgrade the catalog (please note that you can rename it in the dialog, do you don't get a stupid name like "Lightroom catalog 2-2-2-v10-v11") and you're good to go.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  It asked me to upgrade, I did, and it just had standard LR catalog, like by year.  I think I fixed it....I just imported from my hard drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you upgrade the catalog file, no need to import anything except new files that were never previously in Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines