• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Problem

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added 9 photos to a folder on my hard drive and I would like to add these to Lightroom Classic. If I select the option to synchronise the folder a box pops up telling me there are 9 new photos to import, and the box next to this is ticked. Yet when I the select synchronise  I get a message telling me that there are no new photos to import, even though they are in the folder. (all photos in the folder, including the new ones, are jpegs)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like Lightroom thinks that a copy of these photos is already in the catalog. Try this: in the synchronize folder dialog, select the option to show the import dialog. When the import dialog comes up, uncheck the option to not import selected duplicates. Do the photo import now?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JohanElzenga , I guess you are referring to Don't import Suspected duplicates?
A396E1DF-47DF-429C-A99E-FB25B686B0BD.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DdeGannes Yes, of course. I wrote 'selected' but obviously meant 'suspected'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have solved the problem now. LR was looking in the wrong forlder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens because you have previously imported these photos. It is NOT a good idea to import photos more than once. You need to find the photos in the LrC Library Module by clicking on "All Photographs" and then searching for the photos by file name using the Filter Bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are new photose which have never been imported previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines