Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Import problem

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to import any photos into lightroom whenever I try the message appears: "A file could not be copied to the destination folder because it is not edit-enabled." What do I do to get import?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to share much more information.

- OS and version

- LrC version

- Are you importing from a card or directly from camera

- Using copy, where is the target of the photo

- Source and format of the photos

... out of the blue ... the user you are working with does not have write/access privileges at the target location.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely, you have selected a Destination Folder where you do not have write permission in your operating system.

Either change to a different folder, or change the permissions on the Destination Folder so it has write permission.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

not edit-enabled.

Was that the exact statement?

Was it mote like

is not writable

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines