• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Problem

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no longer able to take an image and import it immediately -- like I used to do.  Now I get many image that take a while to load and I'm told that I have to uncheck the images that I don't want.  This takes time, maybe 5 minutes or more.  I used to be able to take an image and import it to L/R immediately.  I'm told this problem is due to an update.  Why would an update make things more complicated and time consuming?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Who told you that this problem is due to an update? Do you have a reference, as I'm not aware of any recent change to the import modules.

Are you importing from a memory card or an existing folder on a hard drive? If you are using a memory card, there is the possibility that if you don't routinely re-format the card to erase all previously imported images then the initial import checking routine will take longer to process the card. However, there should be no need to manually uncheck all of the already-imported images as LrC will do that automatically provided you have "Don't import suspected duplicates" checked on the Import dialog in the File Handling panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines