• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import problems

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a while LR classic was adding a -2t random images. It did not bother me too much because some were dups. Now when I import all the images have -2. I am 100% positive these images were never on my computer. I have run the integrity option. Windows and LRc are up to date. I can live with it but why and does it show impending catalog crash? Screenshot_20221125_070505.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you done a system search through explorer on any of these -2.dng files to confirm they are not duplicates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A -2 added at the end of a file name is not something that Lightroom does, but something the OS does. So yes, it does seem like these are duplicate file names (but not necessarily duplicate images). One thing is for sure: this is not a pending catalog crash. If I look at the file names, then it looks like these are renamed files based on a date, but then that date would most likely be 15th of April 2022, so not very recent. Alternatively the first six numbers are custom numbers that are constantly the same. In that case it is definitely possible that the four digit sequence number(?) that is the last part of the name has rolled over, and so you do indeed have names that were used before.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines