• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import says "save with maximize capability" even though I already did

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import .psb files into lightroom now that it is supported.  I have the latest version of LrC and PS from creative cloud.

When I try to import a .psb in lightroom it fails and says "please re-save the file with maximum compatibility enabled".

However in PS under File handling I have save with maximum compatability set to "always".  I have also tried changing it to "ask" and choosing to save w/ maximum compatibility after it asks, but regardless of which way I do it I still get the error when I try to then import that .psb into lightroom.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size is the file? This may be a different error. Lightroom Classic supports PSB now, but it still has file size limits. A file must be less than 500 Megapixels and less than 65,000 pixels at the longest side.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm.  The image is 22678 x 10341 which I believe should be about 234 megapixels so that should fit within both of those constraints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try using the free DNG converter and try importing again:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/digital-negative.html#downloads

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"However in PS under File handling I have save with maximum compatability set to "always".  I have also tried changing it to "ask" and choosing to save w/ maximum compatibility after it asks, but regardless of which way I do it I still get the error when I try to then import that .psb into lightroom."

Note that there is a seven-year-old PS bug where PS never changes the compatibility of an existing file despite changing the save options. After changing the save options, you have to save a new copy of the existing file, and the copy will get the new options.

If this doesn't help, upload a problem PSB to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here. I can poke inside the file to see if it actually has a compatibility layer and narrow down where the problem might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines