• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import showing all photos on One Drive Camera Roll as NEW photos

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to Import Photos & Videos the same way I have for years, Lightroom Classic is now showing all 10,000+ photos from my One Drive Camera Roll as new photos even though I have previously imported 9900+ of those photos into Lightroom.  Lightroom is now also very slow.  Takes around 60 seconds from when I open Import Photos & Videos to when the thumbnails start appearing.  I assume because it is still processing thumbnails for all the "new" photos.  I then checked Don't Import Suspected Duplicates.  Don't recall if that had always been unchecked, but after checking the box the photo count dropped to under 4,000, but the date ranges from early 2019 to today.  I don't recall doing anything setting-wise that would have changed anything.    LC 12.0.1, Win10, all udpates applied to both.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is now also very slow.  Takes around 60 seconds from when I open Import Photos & Videos to when the thumbnails start appearing.

And perhaps LrC reading info on those images, then comparing with what is in the catalog is taking even longer. How long did you let LrC churn on that before leaving import? 

When I go to Import Photos & Videos the same way I have for years, Lightroom Classic is now showing all 10,000+ photos from my One Drive Camera Roll

So the images are on a cloud share, or network share. LrC does not do well when a network or for that matter cloud share is involved. Absolutely not supported for the catalog, but can also be problematic for the original photos. Oh, it can work, but not nessecarily forever.

So, a member with experiance in One Drive???

Inquiry, was this occuring when you first upgraded to v12.0? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I let it churn for only a few minutes yesterday, but will let it run this evening.  I noticed when it stops churning/spinning, I just need scroll down a bit to start the next churn.

Yes, photos are in the cloud in OneDrive.  LrC is looking at folder c:\users\myname\cloud\onedrive\pictures\camera roll at import.  I always select New Photos and Move when importing, so typically the remaining number of photos in the Camera Roll tends to be small or at least manageable.  Somehow, my once depleted Camera Roll was filled back up with every photo since early 2019. 

So I think this happened after upgrading to v12.0, but I don't rememer if it was right after because the other wrinkle related to OneDrive is I also switched to a new phone over the weekend (minor upgrade from Samsung to Samsung using their SmartSwitch app).  I would have signed into the OneDrive app on the new phone, but don't recall messing with any of the app settings.  Just sat down at my pc a few days ago and OneDrive was downloading the 10,000+ files.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines