• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported photos will not be visible in LR Classic.

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since today I'm running into a strange problem.
I import photos (copy) from a memory card to a specific folder. I see that the photos are copied but they are not visible in the libary.
I don't see anything in "the latest" import either.
The photos have been copied to the specified folder, by the way.
Filters are disabled.
I have now also tried to add the photos from the indicated folder to the libary, but that also without success.
Now I was able to import photos 3 days ago without any problems, so I don't know why it goes wrong now.
Anyone have an idea?

To make the information complete..

It concerns a PC based on Windows 10 on which the latest version of LR classic is installed.
The latest Windows updates are also installed.

The catalog is stored at a local drive whose free space is still more than 1 tb

Thanks for the effort in advance

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I import photos (copy) from a memory card to a specific folder. I see that the photos are copied but they are not visible in the libary. I don't see anything in "the latest" import either.

These specific symptoms are usually caused by (accidentally) previously importing the photos into some other folder, so the photos are already imported into the Lightroom Classic catalog, and the default behavior is to not allow the photos to be imported again.

You need to find these photos in Lightroom Classic catalog. Follow all four of these steps in order:

1. In the Lightroom Classic Library Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on All Photographs
2. Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
3. Turn off all stacking (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
4. Search for at least one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Classic Filter Bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response, but unfortunately none of the options mentioned work.

The strange thing is that normally, once you've imported photos, you can't import them anymore (they're grayed out) unless "import duplicate photos" is checked (which isn't the case by the way).
I can just import the same series of photos again.
If I look in the folder to which they were copied, they are there twice, but with modified file names.
But they are not in the library. When I search for a filename when all photos are selected, it can't be found either.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'd really need screen shots of your import dialog and left library panel. You can add them directly in the posr usint the Image icon in the editor, which is easier to read than drag and drop attachments. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response, but unfortunately none of the options mentioned work.

You need to perform ALL FOUR of those steps and see if that helped at the end of the fourth step, did you do that? Can you show us a screen capture of the ENTIRE LrC Library Module after you perform all four steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All 4 steps have been performed and unfortunately without success.
I can't find the imported photos in the LR libary.

Attached some screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines