• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

imported picture is damaged - original is not

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I look at the picture in the finder, it's normal (see also the import page screenshot from Lightroom). But when I start importing, a lot of the pictures becomes damaged (second screenshot). With this post, I include the XMP file (created by importing).

I already tried to remove the complete folder and re-import, but that's no difference.

Second time, I removed the folder, restarted my computer and tried again ... no difference.

All updates are done, before never had any problems.

Any idea what I can do ?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Check also you monitor profile: How do I change my monitor profile to check whether it’s corrupted? | The Lightroom Queen

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

It's recommended to backup your preferences before you reset the preferences to the default settings:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see your screen captures (my web browser will not display file attachments). You should post the screen captures by using the "Insert photos" icon. Nevertheless, it seems these files are corrupted. The reason it looks good in Finder is because it uses the embedded JPG in the RAW file, which is often un-corrupted but the actual RAW image is corrupted.

Corrupted files come from hardware malfunctions somewhere. If the photos are still on the camera card, copy them off of the camera card again, using different hardware (different card reader or different USB cable/port) and store them on a different disk, to see if this makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First screenshot is in the Import screen, the images you see are not the RAW converts, but the embedded JPEG in the RAW images.

Second screenshot is in the Library module, after import, and apparently after the standard previews were created. They show the conversion of the RAW data.

The RAW data in a picture taken can be corrupt, while the embedded JPEG is not.

This problem can have several causes

• Bad card
  • Bad card reader
  • Bad cable attached to card reader
  • Camera malfunction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines