• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing a White Balance Preset

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to add a custom White Balance preset to Lightroom and Camera RAW.  I have follwed the instrcution of a photographer  ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles  and pasted the files there.  Both Lightomm and Camera RAW say they are uploaded but they don't appear when I open the custome white balance folder. What am I missing? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A preset is not a camera profile, so the path you mention is not correct. You have to save it in the Settings folder inside the CameraRaw folder. Also note that this will be a normal develop preset, that appears in the left panel. You cannot add your own presets under the white balance default presets that appear in the pop-up menu.

By the way: your screenshot only shows four camera profiles, not any presets...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to add a custom White Balance preset to Lightroom and Camera RAW.  I have follwed the instrcution of a photographer  ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles  and pasted the files there.  Both Lightomm and Camera RAW say they are uploaded but they don't appear when I open the custome white balance folder. What am I missing? Importing a custom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Generally speaking there are two locations LrC refers to for such matters.

The first is a central system folder - different for Windows and MacOS, obviously - where the "built in" Adobe presets etc go. The application already 'knows' about these from time of installation, so will ignore anything new that the user may later put in there. While these presets, profiles etc may be used as the basis for saving new customised presets, profiles or whatever - results would then need to be saved in a different location as below.

This other location is alongside a specific Catalog - if the user has chosen "store with catalog" in that Catalog's settings, presets tab.

Or otherwise, it is one folder within the user data folder associated with this login, that all Catalogs will then share by default.

From LrC preferences or the presets panel, you can open up this location in your OS browser to see where it is and what is inside it. That may be new presets that the user has created, or imported, working from inside Lr Classic - which are immediately available: or, presets that the user has brought in  using the file browser - which will show up only after this folder has got re-scanned, which happens when you next restart Lr Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way to import a develop preset (.xmp), creative profile (.xmp), or camera profile (.dcp) is to do the LR menu command File > Import Develop Profiles And Presets.  Trying to place the files manually using Finder is error prone, and lots of instructions out there are outdated or incomplete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines