• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing and copying images

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a complete beginner to LRC I'm tending to make basic mistakes and although they are easy to make they can be time consuming to correct.

My latest to date is that I appear to have imported my images from PSE 18 two and some three times over.I now need to go through them and delete the copies.

My question is, Is there any easy way of doing this  and is there any way, other than checking the metadata to find out which images are copies  and which are the  originals, given thaat  Jpeg's "deteroirate" each time they are copied.

I would appreciate some advice.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could just start over and import the PSE 18 catalog into a new LrC catalog and have one copy of each photo.

You say: "...imported my images..." However, there should be no importing of images, instead you import the PSE 18 catalog into LrC.

JPGs do not deteriorate when you copy them. And as far as I know, there is no copying involved to import the PSE 18 catalog into LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks for that. So it would seem that the answer is that there are no easy answers!!

As for deteriorating Jpegs. When I heard this on a Youtube vlog I was quite surprised. After nearly 40 years of messing around with photography that bit of information came as a bit of a surprise. Nice to know that it's nonsense.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks for that. So it would seem that the answer is that there are no easy answers!!

Somehow, I thought I was giving you an easy answer. Start over, import the PSE 18 catalog.

As for deteriorating Jpegs.

What you probably heard was that saving a JPG causes quality loss. But that's different than copying a JPG, which does not cause quality loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that however there was a bit more involved than I mentioned. There was more to it than just deleting the import and starting all over again. I thought that there may have been a simple "delete copies" button. Just my wishful thinking. Thanks though for taking the time to reply it was much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that however there was a bit more involved than I mentioned. There was more to it than just deleting the import and starting all over again.

If you explain what that means, we might be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines