• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing creates a subfolder and imports my specified folder into the subfolder ??

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR Classic v11.3.1

I have an external 4TB drive that I use to import and maintain photos.

The structure:

LR Photos

-year

--day

This has been working fine for years...literally.

Recently, when I import it creates a subfolder year and then a subfolder under year for the day?

so it looks like this

2022-06-15     576 photos

2022-06-22     438 photos

--2022-06-22 438 photos

It is really driving my nuts for such a trivial issue but I cannot uncover the reasons nor fix the issue.

Any help?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have (accidentally?) changed the Date Format field in the Import dialog box in the Destination Panel on the right. Change that back to what it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's just the entire issue isn't it...I have no freeping idea of what it was to change it back to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ScreenShot166.jpg

If your Import Preset is one that contains a forward slash [/] then you must select the 'Parent' folder ABOVE the 'Year' folders as the Destination.

In your situation: If you use "2022/06" preset AND you highlight "2022" as the destination folder you will get- "2022/2022/06"

If you instead highlight the folder ABOVE "2022" (eg. the {Pictures} folder), then you will correctly get "Pictures/2022/06", etc, for all imports.

Any of the presets with as [/] will automatically 'Find' its correct YEAR sub-folder in the "Pictures' heirarchy.

(My explanation not "as clear as mud"! I hope 🙂  )

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be dense but what is an Import Preset?

And why now after literally years of proper operation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! So to be more correct I should have called it "Date Format". This is the setting that affects the Destination folder I am referring to. 

2022-06-23 12_13_53-Lightroom.jpg

Your settings in this panel can be saved as an Import Preset (if you want consistency of settings.) Import Presets appear in the menu at the base of the Import dialog screen:

2022-06-23 12_17_40-Lightroom.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And why now after literally years of proper operation?
By @timothyR0853

The setting got changed accidentally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines