• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Directly To A Network Folder

Participant ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my photos and videos are on Network Attached Storage with backups, redundancy etc.

I am trying to make an import preset that takes Videos off of an SD card, and copies them to the network folder.   \\HomeServer\Video

Yet, when I attempt to import, this network location does not show up as a destination.  There's no way for me to add it. 

I only see local drives an mapped drive letters.

The problem is that if i map a drive (example V:\ to \\HomeServer\Video) then all of the videos open under a new folder name inside lightroom instead of the \\HomeServer\Video folder.

How can I get my imports to go right to  V:\ to \\HomeServer\Video without having a folder called V:\

Jimerb_1-1654373196236.png

Hitting the little "+" at the top of this dialog doesn't seem to do anything.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think anything that acts as a separate storage volume more or less has to show up as a separate 'heading' so that LrC can for example show a connection status etc. The only way around this that I can see, might be a symbolic link or alias which makes the chosen content from this separate volume appear (to the computer in general, not just so far as LrC) as if it was physically within another storage volume: one that you are already showing inside LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines