• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing edited Lightroom Cloud photos into Classic

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a long time Lightroom "Classic" user and am exploring adding new Lightroom (cloud) to my workflow.  I plan to continue to use my upgraded desktop-based LrC (Classic) and multiple existing hard drives as my primary environment, but wanted to add Lightroom cloud on a MacBook for editing while traveling/remote.  I want to use the limited Adobe cloud storage only as a temporary workspace for edited remote photos, and then sync those original and edited photos (and all metadata) back into my main LrC catalog, either automatically or manually.  Is this workflow possible, and if so does anyone have a proven streamlined solution?  Thanks in advance! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what Lightroom synchronisation is for.

Photo stored via Lightroom on the Adobe Cloud, can be automatically synchronized with Lightroom Classic. From LrClassic you can move them to your local storage and then remove them from the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks.  I wasn't sure if that would try to sync all of my photos to the cloud, which is not what I want - only want sync to Classic not from.  Thanks for clarifying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is possible. To remove a photo from the cloud, but not from Lightroom Classic, you need to remove it from the 'All Synced Photographs ' collection in LrC.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - not very intuitive so good to know that will only touch the Cloud files.  Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines