• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing edited photos to a new catalog

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photos I edited in a catalog. All editing are in XMP files.  When I try to import these photos to a new catalog (import files not Import from a catalog)  I cannot see the history of editing. Is there any way I can see the history in the new catalog? 

At the moment in the new catalog I have only one line of history. Import/camera setting (data and time)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. You'll only get history if you use Export as Catalog.

Remember that LR works best as a single catalogue, and you lose a lot of your work if you move files around with xmp files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you. So where is the historical information saved? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the catalogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is that the old catalog got corrupt and nothing seem to be able to fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will lose less, maybe none, of your work by restoring a backup of the old catalogue.

XMP is mainly intended as a way of transferring data between apps, not as backup. It holds slider values, keywords  and other metadata, but you lose things like history, stacking, flags, allocation to collections. But a catalogue backup contains all the work you've done on your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you. That makes sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines