Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing files question

Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a beginniner at LC.

For years I've been archiving my photos on external hard drives.

Is it possible to replicate one's file structure in LC as their photos were in a backup hardrive, without the need to build it from scratch?

Sand Patch

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Yes, use the 'Add' option in LrC import window. This options leaves the files in their current location and your existing folder structure is also maintained.

add-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but before you start I suggest taking a class, such as Ben Willmore's Bootcamp on Creative Live, to learn what the options are. Before I created my Lightroom Classic Catalog I also had my images scattered across multiple external hard drives. I bought two 5 TB external drives, and started importing into the LRC catalog year by year. Then I backed up everything to the 2nd external drive. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, use the 'Add' option in LrC import window. This options leaves the files in their current location and your existing folder structure is also maintained.

add-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines