• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing from another catalog loses stacking information

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using 'Import From Another Catalog' brings the photos into LRC and into the collection they were in, but all the Stacking is lost! This is a new error introduced by a recent release, since this used to work well. I am using LRC 12.2.1 for MacOS 11.7.4. I created the other catalog on my laptop while traveling, and now want to bring my work into my main catalog on my desktop computer. My work to develop photos starts with Stacking them, selecting the best photo for the top of each stack, and then developing only the top of each stack. Now in my main catalog on my desktop computer, all that work to organize the Stacks is gone! This has now happened twice. It is a big pain, since it is so difficult to reconstruct the stacks. I have had to open my laptop to see how I organized the stacks, then working to reorganize that way in my main catalog. Please notify me when this problem has been fixed – this is a major impediment to using LRC on my laptop when I am traveling.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

It is working fine here. I created a test catalog containing  a stack of 3 and a stack of 47 images respectively. Opened a different catalog and imported the test catalog. The stack of 3 and the stack of 47 remained intact. 

You likely have a system specific issue or a step in your workflow that is causing this. 

A preference reset is probably in order for you. 

This procedure works for both Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop.

If you are using Lightroom Desktop it can change the location of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working fine here. I created a test catalog containing  a stack of 3 and a stack of 47 images respectively. Opened a different catalog and imported the test catalog. The stack of 3 and the stack of 47 remained intact. 

You likely have a system specific issue or a step in your workflow that is causing this. 

A preference reset is probably in order for you. 

This procedure works for both Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop.

If you are using Lightroom Desktop it can change the location of your local storage. Please review this setting after resetting preferences. 

Reset Procedure:

1. Close Lightroom.

2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.

3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.

4. Close Lightroom.

5. Restart Lightroom.

Unable to reproduce with the instructions provided. Moving to discussions. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rikk Flohr, this process you suggested did fix the problem. Now I am able to import from another catalog, including stacking information. I wish I knew which Preference setting was blocking this, but at least this worked. Sorry it has taken me so long to test this out, but this is the first time I have had another catalog to import from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines