• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing from iphone - lost metadata (caption and location)

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm adding files into lightroom over an iphone 13, the photos ending up in lightroom have had the caption and location stripped from them. Is this a bug?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Were the photos taken with the built-in Camera app? 

2. Did you add captions to the photos with the Photos app or some other app?

3. How did you import the photos into LR?  Connect the camera with a USB cable and then use LR's Import command?  Or some other method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the native camera app on iPhone 13 rather than Lightroom one. I prefer the native app.

I import via Lightroom clicking the add from camera roll button

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like by "Lightroom" you mean the cloud version, Lightroom Desktop, not the original folder-based version, Lightroom Classic.  If you're not sure, please do the menu command Help > System Info -- if it says just "Lightroom", you'll get better support by posting in the Lightroom Ecosystem (cloud) forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based/ct-p/ct-lightroom?page=1&sort=latest_...

(Blame Adobe for the confusing naming.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines