• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing images into Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had problems imptrting images into LR until recently. When I import a set of images, at  the end of the process no images show and I get  a message saying 0 images were imported. However the images have been copied across to my HD and renamed despite the catalogue telling me there are no images in  the folder. Synchronisation  does not work  though LR detects the folder and the images. Really stuck  on  this. Is it a bug associated with the new version?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have previously imported the photos into LrC and so it is a bad idea import them again.

You need to find the previously imported versions of these photos and work with those. To find them in LrC, click on All Photographs and then use the filter bar and search by filename or by capture date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that you've no filters turned on. Use the \ key in Grid to turn it on if the Filter Bar isn't visible. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having these same issues as described as described in the original posting.  LrC sometimes imports without converting to DNG (as is requested) meaning I have to delete all the raw files and start over.  Then at other times and with the exact same settings, it will do the conversion. 

For image files that I have created or imported to a folder and which I just want to ADD to LrC with no conversion needed, it does exactly what the original post describes - the message says "0 images were imported."  To clarify for those trying to help here, these are files that have not been imported previously into LrC and there are absolutely no filters on that would cause the error.  This never happened to me prior to the last update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Lightroom is being this random, it's usually time to reset preferences. Screenshot the current ones and then hold the Alt/Option button in the General tab of Preferences to reveal the 'Reset all preferences and relaunch' button. Use the screenshots to set the preferences back up again. 

reset-preferences.jpg

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sean, this was the best advice for my situation.  I reset all preferences as you said, and now everything is importing correctly - both adding files to the catalog without moving their locations as well as importing from an outside source (an SD card) and converting to DNG.  For what it's worth, I probably had as few changes to factory settings as any LrC user out there.  That is, I didn't have a bunch of presets or add-ons that would have been screwing up the works, yet the preferences reset was very effective.   So if others are thinking your solution may not be needed in their case, I would say it's worth a try.  Thank you so much for your help with this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fuzzyshark  this is not the same problem as the original post, which had nothing to do with DNG. Please start a new thread with your problem. Please do not discuss your problem further in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similiar problem except my images did import but when finished the Import button is still highlighted and all the other buttons are blacked out ...on the screen it still says loading but nothing is loading and I can't access any of my photos but I can clearly see that they are all there in the Navigator.  How do I get my LR import back to normal so I can access photos and import new ones...this is so frustrating. 

Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 3.52.18 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since posting this originally I set  up  a new catalog and hey  presto everything works as it should. Which brings me to  another query - does this mean there is a maximum catalog size, notwithstanding disc space??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines