• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing mp4s rarely works

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR 10.3 and have been a LR user for 12+ years. The past two weeks video files have not shown up in LR. The files are in the folder (in Windows Explorer) but aren't registered in LR. It is as if LR can't handle large files. The import session takes hours and when I get tired and "x" out, even some RAW files fail to import. This is a recent problem. Might it have something to do with this new version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large  are  thee  files. LrC does have limits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes they are 500MB, sometimes larger. My LR catalog is 10.65 GB and I have 32GB of RAM. I don't know why my system can't handle the pictures and videos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even some RAW files fail to import

When you are importing those MP4 files and RAW files?

Or just importing RAW files?

If both, do the RAW files import just fine when you attempt to import just them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the RAW files usually do fine. Today  I shot a wedding and first saved everything on the HDD and then imported them from their place on the hard drive. That worked without a hitch. However, the 29-minute long videos divided into two files (17:13 and 12:37; 2GB and 1.5GB respectively)...interesting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines