Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing NEF Nikon Z fc

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Trying to import my NEF files into the latest version of LR classic but... No preview, no nothing...

Do I just have to wait until Adobe adds support for this cam?

greetings

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

As of this morning, New v10.4, added a few cameras, including Nikon Z fc

So, have you updated yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I call this Adobe 101. Always pointing to supported cameras Adobe Camera RAW, Adobe 101

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je suis pas niaiseux et je comprends que sa prends du temps... sauf qu'a chaque fois que je m'achète une nouvelle caméra...c'est toujours la même histoire...et une multinational qui fait des billions...devrait être a l'avant de l'autobus et non entrein de l'attendre.

I'm not stupid and I understand that it takes time ... except that every time I buy a new camera ... it's always the same story ... and a multinational that makes billions. ..should be at the front of the bus and not wait for it.

So a few things

First you are asking about camera support in Lightroom Classic (LrC), Ok, but it is actually about Adobe Camera RAW (ACR). As you know LrC is a Data Access Management (DAM) program using a flavor of SQL database enveloped in a GUI interface around ACR, that is to say Adobe Camera RAW is part if the code.

Now at Adobe, the team working on LrC needs the code from the team working on ACR to finish before they can include that code into the new LrC that they are probably working on.

The ACR team, cannot do much code work until they can get their hands on info for the new camera. Basically, it appears, when Adobe asks nicely for assistance from the camera manufacturers before the camera is released, the manufacturers tell Adobe No.  Apparently Nikon in particular tells Adobe to pound sand. So, the camera may get released before Adobe can learn anything.

One issue that some will say; BUT. A new camera using the same sensor, and same processor. Can Adobe simply turn a bit of code on to treat the new camera like the other camera? Maybe they can, maybe they in fact do. HOWEVER (next statement)

Adobe may have updates in hand, ready to release, but how many? Do they have enough to push out the update? Heck, they might for just a few cameras and no feature updates, probably a minor update, but how few is too few? 

Generally updates every month or other month. V10.3 was 7 June 2021, so who knows maybe this month???

Adobe absolutly does not share that info, so we have no idea when.

As for 

every time I buy a new camera ... it's always the same story

Yes, and it always will be.

If I or my fellow community members sound a bit harsh on this, that is because it grayes on some, a very very old issue that keeps reoccuring. We are not Adobe enablers. We tell it as it is, not as how it could be. I for one absolutly detest Lightroom Desktop, I refer to it as Lr POS. I for one, consider the Adobe Marketing of Lightroom Desktop to be evan worse than new Coca Cola.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your constructive comments. I have a facebook on all photography and this is the type of comments I post... not those nagging sarcastic comments... just straight to the point.. have yourself a great day and again thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime the JPEGs are reaaly good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We often have users complain that they no longer are able to access profiles specific to their camera such as Standard, Landscape, Portrait, etc. They complain that they only have "Embedded" available. They are quite surprised when we suggest that there camera has been switched to JPEG mode. Yes, you are correct when you suggest that JPEG is "good enough". The new cameras are capable of producing very good quality JPEG images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this morning, New v10.4, added a few cameras, including Nikon Z fc

So, have you updated yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know about the OP, but I just finished updating and I'm perfectly happy that support was added in barely more than two weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sir, my LR is up to 10.4 but still not recongizing the files from my Zfc, so Im guess a patch or update will be coming down the pike. I dont think its a setting on the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

my LR is up to 10.4 but still not recongizing the files from my Zfc

Convince us you have Lightroom Classic 10.4 by opening Lightroom Classic and then showing us a screen capture of the Help->System Info dialog box. (Use the "Insert Photos" icon to include your screen capture in your reply, do not attach files).

Explain what is happening, in detail, when the Lightroom Classic is "not recognizing" the files from your Zfc. Have any Nikon software been used on these files, even to transfer it from the camera to the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines