• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing photos from hard drive, the dropdown arrows have disappeared in the source section.

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing photos from hard drive, the dropdown arrows have disappeared in the source section. Which means I can't open the subfolders individually. Even when I select 'include subfolders'.

On the import section of Lightroom.

When I select my external hard drive as the source. It doesn't show me the subfolders even when I select 'include subfolders'. 
The little grey arrows that I normally click which dropdown to see the folders within folders have disappeared.
Please help!

I am running:
Lightroom Classing version 11.2
Macbook Pro M1 - MacOS Monterey version 12.0.1

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 9.20.42 AM.png
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An odd possibility, change the method from Add to Copy, now look at the Destination, is the current destination valid? LrC has a occasional problem where if the previously used Destination has been deleted/renamed/etc, LrC fails to note that until you attempt the import. And this can foul the Add method up even though that destination is not involved.

No, not logical, makes little sense, but give it a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines