• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing photos from Sony camera overwriting settings

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon, after importing photos from Sony camera to Lightroom Classic 10.3 (I don't choose any preset in import) in develop window the white balance changes and lens correction also addes. For example in the camera white balance is 7000 k and in the lightroom after importing file is 6650. Ever after choosing reset button nothing changes. It seems to be that lightroom changes file setting. I tried to reinstall lightroom and to reset settings and nothing helped. Also i tried to choose different option in setting - import but nothing helped. Besides that after exporting photo looks different on the iPhone (it is much darker then on the Mac Book pro). How can i fix that problems? I have been searching in web for a very long time and nothing helped me. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera WB and what is reported by LR don't have anything to do with the actual WB since cameras don't measure this accurately and all will report differing results.

In fact, the same raw will show differing WB values depending on just the raw converter: 

CCTandRaw

Ignore the numbers, rather meaningless and a CCT value defines a large number of possible colors as shown below (lines of correlated color temp):

LinesOfCCT

ANY color seen on running from e to f on the line above can be called CCT 5000K. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much for explanation. Now everything is clear with the White Balance. Maybe do you know how to get use to to difference between telephone and computer exposure? I looks like exposure on the iPhone is about -0,5 lower than on the MacBook Pro. The dark areas are more black than on the computer. Should I callibrate MacBook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a difference in brightness not exposure. 

Yes, you must calibrate the display for a visual match. In this case the computer since you can't on the phone.

This a mirrorless camera with a fixed lens? If so, this is a built in lens profile being used. You may not be able to disable it. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Sony A7 II with fixed lens Sony 55 mm f 1.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and maybe do you know why lens correction also switches on to the imported photos? I don't use any preset while import. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot from LrC preferences, the Presets tab, interested in the RAW defaults.

Also, a screenshot from LrC, Develop module, interested in the Lens Corrections panel, and the History panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zrzut ekranu 2021-08-29 o 11.15.27.pngZrzut ekranu 2021-08-29 o 11.18.07.pngZrzut ekranu 2021-08-29 o 11.13.38.pngZrzut ekranu 2021-08-29 o 11.15.08.png

I tried also to override settings for specific cameras as well, nothing changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that screenshot, develop module, showing lens correction panel. Did you click on that box to Enable Profile Corrections? Yes, I know that the history shows No, you did not, but just checking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In preferences, what happens if you revert back to Adobe defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines