Importing Photos in Lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been in Lightroom for months and am now trying to import photos. I can see the external drive name, but cannot get to the individual folders inside the drive to select the folder to use for the import. When in DEVELOP, the drive is there and I can get to the individual folders to select the photo. There is plenty of room on the external drive, why can't I get IMPORT to access it?

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you are using Lightroom Classic instead of Lightroom Cloudy. Nevertheless, are you on a Mac? If so you need to give Lightroom Access to external disks in System Preferences->Security & Privacy->Privacy->scroll down to Files & Folders and give access to removable volumes to Adobe Lightroom Classic. Also if you can already see the images in Develop, they might aleady be imported and then you won't see them in import anymore as Classic already knows about them.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines