Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Importing presets into Lightroom Classic CC 10.4 not showing. I'm in trouble!!!

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im running LR Classic CC 10.4 on Mac Big Sur OS (all up to date)

I only use 2 Lightroom preset bundles which have worked seamlessley with no issues at all. I hit some issues with my Creative Cloud LR and PS recently and had to completely uninstall them. i then used a Creative Cloud Cleaner to get rid of any little hidden files. I reinstalled and now cannot import my presets. i have tried so many different ways but nothing. Even more frustratingly, 2 of the 15 presets have suddenly started showing in the preset list but not the rest.

I am aware of .xmp profiles etc and I have imported ALL .xmp files but nothing helps. I have never had this issue previous times that I have needed to reinstall LR etc.

Please help, I have work I need to process

Thank you

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First troubleshooting steps:

1. When you try to import the presets again, does LR show you a warning that says they've already been imported?

2. In the Presets panel, right-click the group name "User Presets" and do Reset Hidden Presets. Do the presets now appear?

3. Select one of the preset's .xmp files and attach it to your reply here. We can see if it will import into other LR configurations and if not, why not.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have now managed to do this although I have no idea why I was having trouble. I had tried all of the suggestions you posted, thank you for this. The presets where from Jamie Windsor. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines