Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imports photos into the wrong folder.

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When importing pictures from any source LR recreates a folder I have removed and puts them in there. In the instance pictured, LR wants to import my pics into a 2022 subfolder inside the correct 2022 folder. Previously LR would create a dated folder inside the correct 2022 folder, as you would expect. Sometimes it imports pics into a folder called Di and Friends which I have also tried to remove numerous times. Also the top of the screenshot you can see that there is a checkbox available to me to put the pics directory into the Di and Friends subfolder, which I do not want. Also I am unable to select a different folder as the destination. These phenomena occur whether the pics are all of the same date of capture of more than one date. 

As you can imagine this is irritating and a waste of time. If you know where I'm going wrong, I'd love to hear it.

Mamy thanks.

Many thanks.LR Wrong Folder.pngLR Preferences.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2022-09-07 15_55_38-Clipboard.jpg

Your "Date Format" is one with a '/ ' which means that LrC will itself 'Find' the correct YEAR folder for you under the selected 'Highlighted' folder which for you would be "Lightroom Pictures".

2022-09-07 15_57_34-LR CC Imports photos into the wrong folder. - Adobe Support Community - 13183192.jpg

It is because you are selecting a 2022 sub-Folder that the new folder is created 'below' the existing 2022 folder.

ScreenShot166.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines