Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to import pictures

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all !

I just bought a new ASUS laptop and installed Lightroom Classic through the Creative Cloud app for desktop.

I have copy-pasted my old catalogue from my old laptop to the new one and successfully opened it in the new install of lightroom on the new laptop. The original images lie on an external HD. I can access and edit without any problem all images already imported in my old catalogue. 

The issue : when I try to import new images into my catalogue, Lightroom freezes (I don't even get to the import screen). I can't import any image, being from an external HD or directly from the desktop. This freeze occurs both when I go through the File -> import menu and when I just drag and drop files from a storage folder in the library.

My lightroom Classic version is 11.2 and is up to date. I am running Windows 10 Home.

Does anyone have a suggestion ?

Thx in advance for any help.

Valentin

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for reaching out. I’d love to help you figure that out.

Could you please confirm if you have any android devices, external hard drives, or additional input devices connected at the time on Import? Where is the catalog file located? Is it on the internal drive or the external drive? Are you using Add, Copy, Copy as DNG, or Move? If you are using Copy, Copy as DNG or Move, what is the destination location for the imported images?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Follow these steps to help us get to the bottom of the cause of the issue.

• Go to File > Create New Catalog as a test on the internal drive, preferably on the desktop.
  • Disconnect all accessories and storage devices from the laptop.
  • Import images from the internal drive using Add, Copy, Move or Copy as DNG options in the import tab.

If Import works in the new test catalog, merge (File > Import from Another Catalog) the old (previous) catalog with the one you created on the desktop. Check this article to learn more about Merging catalogs in Lightroom Classic. (https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/catalog-faq-lightroom.html)

If Import works without any accessories, try connecting each of them one by one to pinpoint which one or ones are causing the issue.

We hope to hear from you soon,

Thanks,

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines