• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Develop+Brush Mode, Numeral Key Shortcuts change the Brush-Flow, not the Rating

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC 10.3, Windows 10:

While editing RAW images in the Develop+Basic panel, the numeral keys 1-5 work to change the star-rating, which is great. BUT... when switched to Brush mode, by default those same numeral keys change the Brush Flow amount instead of a giving a star-rating. This means extra keystrokes to back-out of Brush mode into Basic mode before making a star-rating, then moving onto the next image. And if one forgets to do that, it means even more keystrokes to restore the desired Flow, then backout to Basic mode, and then add the star-rating. Very frustrating and unnecessarily time consuming.

Is there any way to keep the numeral keys functioning as "star-rating" shortcuts, instead of "brushflow amount" shortcuts when in Brush Mode?

And yes, I've already looked through the keystroke "TranslatedStrings" files and can't find a command that would alter that.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mention- "moving onto the next image".

While the Brush Tool is active [SHIFT + 1-5] will star-rate the current image AND auto-move to the next image.

There is no shortcut to Star-rate and stay in the same image with the Brush active. The quickest way (to stay in the same image but restart the Brush) is the keyboard series- {K} 1-5 {K}.  Or to increase Star-rating: {K} { ] } {K}.

Keyboard Shortcuts | The Lightroom Queen

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

The [SHIFT + 1-5] doesn't work to rate or move to the next image for me whilst in Brush Mode. I wish it did, that'd certainly be helpful.
Using [K] to toggle between Brush and Basic modes is helpful, as long as one remembers to do that, but again, it's an extra unnecessary step.
I just don't understand Adobe's thinking here. The numeral keys work as Ratings everywhere except Brush (where suddenly they become FLOW-amount commands.)

It really doesn't make sense, and would be a simple fix for future LRC updates, saving a lot of us a lot of  trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"The [SHIFT + 1-5] doesn't work to rate or move to the next image for me whilst in Brush Mode"

It works for me!

This is what I see before and after pressing [Shift+5] while the Brush is active.

Image [4] is brushed, [Shft+5] adds 5 stars to [4] and, moves to image [5] with the brush still active.-

2021-10-01 09_29_17-Window.jpg    2021-10-01 09_29_40-Window.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines