• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In the Develop Mod "The File could not be found" prompt shows up??...

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After migrating from a 15 to a 13 in MacBookPro, Successfully I thought, The develop Mod can't find any of the images on my LR specific HD. It can on my Computer HD. However I could print an image from the unfindable batch???

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Could easily be a Permissions issue with the new MBP not having "rights' to your external drive. 

Two things to check:
1. Use cmd-i on the external drive (or Get Info) and check the bottom area of permissions to see you have read write.

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 13.20.44.png

2. In System Preferences - Security and Privacy - either Full Disk Access or Folders and Files..... check Lightroom is there or add it if it is not.

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 13.28.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting an error message " the file could not be found" in Lightroom Classic while editing images in the Develop module.

Which version of Lightroom are you using and what is your computer's OS? It might be possible that the external HD is corrupt and the images are not accessible. 

Please checkout the suggestions offered in this discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/the-file-could-not-be-found/td-p/9668984?page=1 and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your input.

The HD is fine it was a permission issue which is now fixed thanks to another member's advice.

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could easily be a Permissions issue with the new MBP not having "rights' to your external drive. 

Two things to check:
1. Use cmd-i on the external drive (or Get Info) and check the bottom area of permissions to see you have read write.

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 13.20.44.png

2. In System Preferences - Security and Privacy - either Full Disk Access or Folders and Files..... check Lightroom is there or add it if it is not.

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 13.28.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input,

Yes, it was a permission issue, It's now fine.👍👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines