• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inaccurate Develop Module Images (monochrome)

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows. LR Classic 11.1 & PS CC 23.11

Something happened with my adobe products and most of the files and folders inside C:\User\me\Appdata\Adobe went missing. I opened LR and had no catalog. I was greeted with the tips and familiarisation screen. No presets. No export presets. No saved watermarks. No saved masks. I opened Photoshop and had the same story with workspaces, brushes, actions, etc. So I just restored them from a backup. No problem. But I also removed all of the preview files to speed up an online backup, after the raw files were imported (in case that's relevant)

But the big issue now is when I'm exporting a RAW file that i've processed in Develop module, making it monochrome .The jpeg looks different. Contrast and detail is way out. I don't know if it was related to the above issue or if it's coincidence.

I export from LR classic to PS and it looks the same as the jpeg. I notice that the Library module also looks the same as the jpeg. Clicking back on the Develop module shows the library version for a second and then back to the problematic develop version. And if i zoom in in develop, the image looks like the jpeg/PS/Library version.

I've tried:

- Restarting my computer = no change

- Turning off the GPU option in LR= no change

- Inspecting the "use smart previews instead of original" checkbox in LR = it was already off

- Recalibrating my displays with my SpiderX = no change

- Updating graphics driver = no change

- Checked export to PS options to see if it was a colourspace issue (even though it's Mono) but sending as sRGB makes no difference to adobeRGB in this instance.

Any ideas? Whilst this issue exists, LR is unusable for editing as I don't know what I'm really getting.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something happened with my adobe products and most of the files and folders inside C:\User\me\Appdata\Adobe went missing. I opened LR and had no catalog. I was greeted with the tips and familiarisation screen.

Did you search (using your operating system's search feature) for files whose name ends with .LRCAT?

Did you try to restore a recent backup of your Lightroom Classic catalog?

By the way, the default location for your Lightroom Classic catalog is: C:\Users\me\Pictures\Lightroom, did you look there?

Regarding you other problems, my web browser won't show attachments here, can you please include your screen captures using the "Insert Photos" icon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • Catalogue was fine. It just wasn't loaded. Easily selected it and was in my way. 
  • It was my presets and other personalisation things that were completely removed. The folder were missing from appdata/roaming/adobe. Opening the program recreates the folder structure. But the backups repaired those losses
  •  
  • Screenshot 2022-01-19 191303.jpg

Screenshot 2022-01-19 191239.jpg

Screenshot 2022-01-19 193229.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines