• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Increased use of CPU after major release 11.0

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed after the last major update to Lightroom, doing ANYTHING on the computer other than lightroom has almost become impossible. Any video, music or stream running at the same time will stutter or stop. This did not happen before. It seems Lightroom is taking to many CPU resources.
Computer:
Windoes 10.

CPU: i7-7700K 4.20GHz

32GB RAM

GPU: RTX 2070 

HD: SSD and M.2.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What actions in Lightroom Classic are you performing when this problem happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a un-install and re-install fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wrong. The re-install was a temporary fix. Lightroom is again consuming most of the resources on the computer, making anythin else trying to run at the same time useless. Playing Music, Watching videoes and so on.

And I am just using Lightroom normaly. Browsing the library, editing in the develop module. Just basic Lightroom stuff. Nothing particullary intensive.

The important part, is that it was not doing this in version 10. So something has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have write to xmp auto AND to jpgs/psds/etc, LR 11 will write to all of them just to record the fact that it is installed!!! Quite ridiculous. but just leave LR running overnight and it will update everything by morning. Hopefully.

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines