Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incremental slider changes about LrC on MacOS

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I recently changed from a windows machine to a macbook.

My use is mainly editing in Lightroom Classic. I have 0 experience with MacOS.

On LrC while on Windows, you could click a slider (e.g. White Balance) and with the scroll wheel, or with the arrow keys, you could make incremental changes (for example +- 250K for WB or +-5 for anything else like shadows etc.)
Is there something similar on MacOS or do I have to actually grab the slider with my mouse and move it about to a random number?

If there was, it would really make my workflow faster.

Thank you for any answers.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my MacBook Pro, it isn’t necessary to click anything. If the pointer is hovering over a slider or a value, pressing the up arrow or down arrow key changes the value by a default increment that depends on the specific option. If you add the Shift key, the increment is larger, and if instead you add the Option key, the increment is smaller.

For example, when hovering the pointer over the Contrast slider or value, pressing the down arrow key decreases by 5 units, Shift + down arrow decreases by 10 units, Option + down arrow decreases by 1 unit.

For Temp the increments are 50 Kelvin, or 200 with Shift, or 5 with Option.

The arrow keys do the same thing if you did click in a value field.

This might work the same way in Windows, only because as with Photoshop, so much of the application is the same on both platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. I will definitely try this.

To be honest I tried using left and right arrow keys, and not up/down, and this is why it probably did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines