installed new LR classic; missing some images

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My existing catalog was upgraded and is working with new LR classic version.  But how do I add the file containing the previews?  The catalog has the original images and some virtual copies but is missing some of the changes I made with multiple copies of same original image.  I have the previews file saved.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the other images by unstacking.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I also noticed a similar problem with my Catalog- Many, and I mean MANY, images were 'Stacked'. Something I would never do except for images I use for HDR or Panorama Merge.

I do not know if I caused this accidently with a key-press, or if a Catalog upgrade caused it.

Saving a '...Preview' file (by itself) is of no benefit! It is the Catalog '...LRCAT' file that is important to backup!

And presuming that your "multiple copies of same original image" were Smart Previews- then Stacking would definitely be an option for these image previews..

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.4.1 Photoshop 23.4.1, ACR 14.4.2, Lightroom 5.3, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.2, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines