Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Presets through Creative Cloud does not have any impact

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I bought some presets for lightroom and acitvated them in the userinterface (browser). The creative cloud installed them. I started lightroom but I don't see any presets in the develop tab. I removed everything from adobe, restartet my mac, installed everything (lightroom, photoshop, presets) again, but they still don't appear.

Does anybody already faced this issue and knows the solution?

I'm using an apple with touchbar and osx 10.12.5

regards

simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Activating something and installing it are, IMHO, two different things.

For a preset to show up in LR it has to be placed in a specific area of the folder structure of your hard drive.

On Windows that is C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\ and then there are different folders for the different module and usually named something like Develop Presets or Export Presets and the like.

So on a Mac you could search for the words Develop Presets to find the correct folder those preset ne

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activating something and installing it are, IMHO, two different things.

For a preset to show up in LR it has to be placed in a specific area of the folder structure of your hard drive.

On Windows that is C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\ and then there are different folders for the different module and usually named something like Develop Presets or Export Presets and the like.

So on a Mac you could search for the words Develop Presets to find the correct folder those preset need to be in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac, Develop Presets are installed here:

Screenshot 2017-08-14 06.56.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your reply. I forgot to mention, I'm using OSX Sierra.

The mentioned folder is empty. So where does the creative cloud download and store the files?

Here is a screenshot of the creative cloud progress:

Item-0_and_Item-0_and_Item-0_and_Item-0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you bother to read the install instruction that are listed for that set of preset in the Creative Market and then follow them?

Installation:

For Lightroom:

1. Download the presets and unzip them.
  2. Open the Presets Folder in Lightroom o PC: Edit Preferences o MAC: Lightroom Preferences
  3. Go to “Presets” tab and click on “Show Lightroom Presets Folder”
  4. Go to “Lightroom” folder y then to “Develop Presets” folder
  5. Paste the presets into the “Develop Presets” folder.
  6. Maybe you want to create a subfolder.
  7. Close and Open Lightroom again
  8. Start using them

For Adobe Camera Raw:

Place the presets in the following location:

• Mac(user)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera Raw /Settings

• Win (user)/Application Data/Adobe/Camera Raw/Settings

Once done, load the settings and start using them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read this several times before i asked the question here. But since creative cloud exists, there is no download link or any other option to get this mentioned zip file... The creative cloud manager download the files, but i don't know where they are stored. not in the folder they should. and on the website is no download link... or do you see one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I understand, creative cloud install button just downloads the zip file in to your's default downloading directory and that's it. So basically creative cloud UI is misleading. That is why we have this missunderstandig. Even with such a technologies we still have to proceed with 10 step Pentagon hacking plan juts to add some peuny presets...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was searching this for a while. Wording in Creative Cloud Desktop is really misleading. They are indeed in your default download folder and NOT installed (CCD says installed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is correct. CC reports "add-on has been installed" when it only "downloaded" the zip file into a download folder. The user still has to manually move the files into the proper place. Adobe needs to fix this because everyone will assume the plugin is ready to go when it's still sitting there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is the CC app claims to have "installed" the plugin when it clearly only downloaded a zip file. That's where the confusion is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines