• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Windows 7 AdobeDNGConverter_x64_14_2. Is this possible?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to install Digital Negative (DNG) converter on Windows 7 enterprise computer?

I downloaded today  AdobeDNGConverter_x64_14_2 but installation fails with error message  - "op system not supported."

AFAIK last standalone LR version ia 6.14 which doesn't support later camera raw format.

Is there any change?

I use Lightroom Classic for years and I don't consider that I'd need a yearly subscription to access 3-4 times a year a raw format. I always shoot raw + jpg and keep raw as insurance, that I have more image data then jpg in emergency cases.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you can find older versions of the DNG converter online, that work with Windows 7. I do not know if those older versions also support raw files from a Nikon Z6. Give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presently camera raw access required is Sony A7 M3

Which is latest DNG converter compatible with Windows 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. You can do the research and find out. As I said, give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Difficult to know (I don't) which version was compatible with Windows-7!

And any W7 version may NOT support the Sony A7III.!

You are in a difficult place.

You can download versions of the DNG Converter from this link using an App that will access an FTP archive-  (eg. Filezilla)

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/dng/mac/

Or, maybe from this site- Be very wary of all the "Download" Advertisements!!

https://adobe-dng-converter.software.informer.com/versions/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, access and finding files was somehow tricky for Windows from ftp.adobe.com.

But fi nally found and I installed DNG Converter_12_4 which also is Sony a7 M3 raw compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines