• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invert a mask lightroom missing

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to do this... but when a mask was made in Lightroom classic there was an easy toggle to "invert" the mask but I do not see the option in the new.  In the attached picture it was where I circled in blue

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

My web browser will not display attached files. If you include your screen capture by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon, then I can see it.

Are you looking at the top level of the mask? There is no Invert under the triple dots. You have to go down one or more levels to sub-masks to see Invert under the triple dots. In the screen capture below, you need to click on the triple dots where the Green arrow is pointing to, not where the Red arrow is pointing to.

2022-01-09 12_30_18-Lightroom v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.png

You could also use the shortcut key

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Invert is found in the mask panel to the left...

https://youtu.be/69MMxR3MGW8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean the right side, yes?

I see it in the video (see attached image), but it is not present in my LR... The invert option under the triple dot (...) menu isn't there either.  

The only difference I can tell is that he's on a mac and I'm on a PC?  But I've never noticed something this egregious

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My web browser will not display attached files. If you include your screen capture by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon, then I can see it.

Are you looking at the top level of the mask? There is no Invert under the triple dots. You have to go down one or more levels to sub-masks to see Invert under the triple dots. In the screen capture below, you need to click on the triple dots where the Green arrow is pointing to, not where the Red arrow is pointing to.

2022-01-09 12_30_18-Lightroom v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.png

You could also use the shortcut key: apostrophe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh jeez... that feels unintuitive but your diagram is perfect.  Yeah I guess I was looking at only the red arrow level?  

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, it's definitely confusing and also missing an essential feature. Here's the FR to have Invert also added where the red arrow is:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-masking-invert-flip-mask-group/idi-p/124803...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on the right of the UI, yes, but it's to the left of the area that you circled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines