IOS Favorites to Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to download my favorites from my IPhone to my local folders and keep them marked as favorites. Is there a way to keep a 'favorite' tag when downloading them?

Thanks

Joerg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019
Sounds like you are on the right path (if as you say) you download the images from your iOS phone to a local drive before importing.I don't believe the option to exists to retain Favourites tagged on the journey into Lightroom though.I'd be ONLY importing those Favourites and using a Collection to identify them, although there are other ways to tag them in Lightroom.

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are on the right path (if as you say) you download the images from your iOS phone to a local drive before importing.

I don't believe the option to exists to retain Favourites tagged on the journey into Lightroom though.

I'd be ONLY importing those Favourites and using a Collection to identify them, although there are other ways to tag them in Lightroom.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Any update on this feature?  It would be great if, when importing photos from IOS Photos to Lightroom, it is possible to see the IOS favorites somehow tagged in lightroom so that I can easily see in lightroom which ones I marked as favorites on my iPhone.  For the moment, I am having to re-rate them manually after import in lightroom, and this takes a lot of time.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joerg,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

It seems like a great idea, could you share this as a feature request here? Lightroom Classic | Photoshop Family Customer Community  This forum is monitored by our developers and they might look into it for future updates.

Regards,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines