• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Iphone Photo Downloading Problem

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download iPhone photos (HEIC) into LR Classic V12.01 it sends them to a Download file in LR instead of my LR 2022 file.  I want them to go to my 2022 file.  How do I do that? I have an iMac

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you downloading photo files from the iPhone to the iMac by a direct connection (eg. USB cable)?

Or, are you using Lr-Mobile on the iPhone and allowing them to automatically sync down to the Lr-Classic Catalog via the Cloud?

If it is the second case, then Lr-Classic has an option in the Preferences/Lightroom Sync Tab where you set the folder 'Location' for the sync (download).

2022-11-17 07_08_15-Preferences.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm air dropping photos from my iPhone to my iMac.  Then dragging photos from my iMac Downloads file to LR Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than "dragging" photos to LrC, try using the Import dialog from the menu or the [Import] button.-

Use the [MOVE] option at the top of screen, and pay particular attention to the checked Destination Folder/s in the Destination panel. This will indicate to you 'where' your photos will 'end up' in a storage folder.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that the problem is the Import dialog box being set to Add instead of Move. If set to Add, it’s going to catalog the image where it currently is: The Downloads folder, which is what’s happening. If you want it to go to your standard storage folder, you need to use Move and set the Destination panel properly. (If you do this a lot, create an Import preset with the Destination already properly set so that you can always make it happen in one click.)

There is no inherent problem with dragging and dropping photos into Mac Lightroom Classic, so you can continue doing that, I do it all the time. Drag and drop is just another shortcut to the Import dialog box, and it is usually a lot easier than having to manually click Import. The problem here is related to needing to be mindful of which options are set when the Import dialog box comes up after the drag and drop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I have now.  Are you saying I can drag my iPhone photo from the Download file to this screen?

Also, how do I get photos from the LR Downloads file into the 2022 stack?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a 'Windows' person (so dragging images does not work for me), but for the inexperienced I still recommend you use the [Import] button after learning some more about the 'Import from Computer' method.

A good tutorial from Julianne Kost here-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--nEKNEH_1I

An other tuts to be found here-

https://jkost.com/blog/lightroom-training-videos

"Also, how do I get photos from the LR Downloads file into the 2022 stack?"

From the screen-clip you provided- your images are NOT in the {Downloads} folder. Do you know exactly where they are? Does Finder show these images in another folder?

I say this because your other screen-clip shows the files as "Missing" with the [!] on the borders-

2022-11-18 10_41_55-Clipboard.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what I have now.  Are you saying I can drag my iPhone photo from the Download file to this screen?

By @deayala1

No, I don’t think you can drag and drop into the Import window shown in your first screen shot. What I meant to say was that the Import window automatically opens on a Mac if you drag and drop an image onto either the Lightroom Classic application window, or on the application icon (in the Dock, for example). So if you want to import by drag and drop, don’t open Import first, just drop the image on Lightroom Classic.

When the Import window is already open as you are showing, and the source is already set to the folder and file you want to import, then you click Move at the top and then use the Destination panel to tell Lightroom Classic where to move it.

Lightroom Classic import window deayala1.gif

In your screen shot, Move is not available because no source is set yet, but when the image you want to import is selected in the Import window, then Move is available. The image will be selected automatically in the Import window if the image was dropped onto the Lightroom Classic application window or icon.

Also, how do I get photos from the LR Downloads file into the 2022 stack?

By @deayala1

If imported photos ended up by mistake in the LR Downloads folder when viewed in the Folders panel in Lightroom Classic, then in the Folders panel, you can drag those photos from the LR Downloads folder into the folder you want. This will also move them on the desktop for you, since what you do in the Folders panel also updates the Mac desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines