• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone videos show in wrong orientation

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, kann mir jemand weiter helfen, ich benutze Lightroom Classic 10.3 und da werden alle Videos, welche ich mit dem iPhone im Hochformat aufgenommen habe mit falscher Ausrichtung angezeigt (Querformat). Woran kann das liegen und was kann man tun, damit sie richtig angezeigt werden?

Gruß Heiko

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the trouble. When you import the video files in Lightroom Classic, on the import window do you see the videos in a portrait or landscape mode? Are you seeing this issue after the recent update of Lightroom Classic? 

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

ich sehe die Videos im Querformat (welche "hochkant" gefilmt wurden). Die aktuelle Version ist 10.3

Die Videos werden kurz richtig angezeigt und springen dann ins Querformat um.

Gruß

Heiko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - previous videos are ok, but the most recent ones are 90 degrees "wrong" or even upside down... How to change the orientation? Best, Tommy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tommymfarina, are you on an Apple Silicon (M1) Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, indeed. Is there an update to this situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very annoying at the moment!

Lightroom Classic 11.1 changes orientation and timestamp of videos when importing them from iPhone.

The timestamp I'm able to "reset" to the date the file was created, but all videos are upside down or 90° rotated.

When I hit "Open in Finder" the videos show up correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@simusch, are you on an Apple Silicon (M1) Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, on a M1 running Monterey 12.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Yes, on a M1 running Monterey 12.1"

Adobe has acknowledged a bug with LR unable to read video metadata on M1s:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-metadata-issues-with-video-files-on-m1-macs/...

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report and be sure to click the Upvote button at the top-right and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize the fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

(Normally, I'd ask for this thread to be merged, but there are several other older reports that may be unrelated to the M1.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simusch, How you were able to correct the timestap? I import a video of iphone of 2 months ago but LRC change "capture time" to the one of the import

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 3.00.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See screenshots 🙂 Hope it'll work for you, too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest version of Lightroom Classic (11.x), my imported video's from my iPhone come in correctly.

I suggest you update your copy of Lightroom Classic and try.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 11.1 but the bug is not resolved for M1 Macs yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines