• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhoto import within Lightroom Classic ( v11.2) does not work on my Apple Macbook Air with M1 core

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I want to import the iPhoto libray, I can select, but then a message appears, that the selected lib seems to be no iPhoto lib... Exact message in German: 'Deine Auswahl scheint keine iPhoto-Bibliothek zu sein. (Das Import-Zusatzmodul erwartet Version 9.5.1 oder höher.)'. What can I do ? I use the newest MacOS version 12.3.0 and the newest version of Lightroom Classic (v11.2).

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

What you can do is select all photos in Apple Photos and then choose 'Export - Export Unmodified Originals'. Check the option to export IPTC data as XMP. That will export the photos to folders on disk (Photos can create a folder hierarchy during export). Import these photos into Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably try to import an Apple Photos library, not an iPhoto library. Those are not the same. iPhoto is the predecessor of Photos.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your answer, I did not know this difference. Is there any possibility to import Apple Photos within Lightroom Classic ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you can do is select all photos in Apple Photos and then choose 'Export - Export Unmodified Originals'. Check the option to export IPTC data as XMP. That will export the photos to folders on disk (Photos can create a folder hierarchy during export). Import these photos into Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your answer. Do you know whether a better integration to Apple Photos is planned in future ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@hewe wrote:

Thanks a lot for your answer. Do you know whether a better integration to Apple Photos is planned in future ?

No, and if  did know that, I would not be allowed to tell you. 

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines