• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to convert camera profiles to the new XMP format?

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the new version of Lightroom Classic CC is installed, it finds and converts the DCP format profiles to the new XMP profiles that can be found under the Basic Panel. Is it still possible to create a camera profile using Adobe DNG Profile Editor and then make it visible in Lightroom in the new XMP format? If so, what is the tool to use for it?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

I'm pretty sure you can still make custom camera profiles in .dcp format. The next time that Lightroom starts, it will convert them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure you can still make custom camera profiles in .dcp format. The next time that Lightroom starts, it will convert them.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that's very good news. Thank you. I must have misunderstood the process. I appreciate your chiming in so quickly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022-07-24  This does not work for me, nor can I find any way to enable this function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a four years old thread. If you do not know what .dcp camera profiles are, then don't try to create them. If you do know what they are, then be more specific and tell use how you try to create them and what does not work.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Myron Gochnauer  Exactly "what does not work"?

My Nikon Camera DCP profile is easily added to LrC by 'Import Profiles' in the Profile Chooser panel.

2022-07-25 15_41_31-Window.jpg

2022-07-25 15_37_34-Window.jpg

Restart LrC-

2022-07-25 15_35_49-Window.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the helpful response.  My mistake.  I did not remember manually importing *.dcp files when LR changed to *.xmp, so I assumed LR scanned the profiles locations as part of its startup routine and made any necessary conversions automatically.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines