• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is MacBook Air 7-Core GPU sufficient?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to upgrade by 2013 MacBook Pro.  Looking at the different MacBooks available with 16GB unified memory (recommended for lightroom and photoshop), there appears to be a 7-Core GPU Air, or a 14-Core GPU Pro.  There is also an 8-Core GPU Air, but it only has 8GB unified memory.  I'm getting a bit lost as to what is more important - the GPU or the unified memory?  I primarily use the laptop for lightroom, with occassional photoshop use (that my current computer struggles with).  Can anyone offer any advice?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm looking too, be useful to know about RAM, I thought more was better and wouldn't consider less than 32gigs (Photoshop uses lots). Also GPU; seems more and more functionality is moving to that processing, I wonder how well LR would do with a faster GPU. 

What speeds up grid? It has never been especially zippy. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines