• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a compatibility issue between Lightroom 6 working with the latest Windows 11 update?

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a PC compatibility issue between Lightroom 6 working with the latest Windows 11 update? (Windows update May 11, 2022)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There won't be any announcement from Adobe if there is because Lightroom 6 is not supported anymore. It has been unsupported and forgotten by Adobe for several years. If Windows 11 is a problem I don't know that Adobe would document it. As far as I have been able to determine the basic operating system is essentially the same as Windows 10. But I'm not really technically savvy, so someone else might have better information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not too technically savvy also. I've been using Lr 6 since 2018 and with PC Windows 11 since last year... both have been working together just fine. Yesterday, May 11th Windows 11 had an update, and today Lr 6 no longer works.

I wonder if I uninstall Lr and reinstall it would that make any difference ?

Or reinstall the previous version of Windows 11 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had Lightroom 6. But I know it has this thing about the number of activations. So if you uninstall it you need to do whatever it is you have to do to deactivate the installation or you will have all kinds of problems reinstalling and getting it activated again. Unless you are resolved not to upgrade to Lightroom Classic, don't want to pay the subscription fee, etc., you would probably be much happier upgrading. That's just my opinion, and it isn't worth much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Jim, there is a two unit activated at any point in time limit, however users no longer have access to do the deactivate or activate process and need direct contact with Adobe to carry out those procedures.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the menu command Help > System Info and see if you're running version 6.14 (the last version of 6). Many have reported here recently that earlier versions of LR 6 started refusing to start.  See here for how to download and install 6.14:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/update-lightroom-6-0-to-6-14/m-p/10819370#M170107

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines